Leading SAFe 4.6 SA Certification Training - San Jose, CA January 26 @ 9:00 am - January 27 @ 5:30 pm
The SAFe Agilest certification program is for executives, managers and Agile change agents responsible for leading a Lean|Agile change initiative in a large software enterprise. It validates their knowledge in applying the Scaled Agile Framework, lean thinking, and product development flow principles in an enterprise context so they can lead the adoption of the Scaled Agile Framework.
- Executives, managers and Agile change agents responsible for leading a Lean|Agile change initiative in the larger software enterprise.
- This course is a requirement for those seeking certification as a Scaled Agile Framework Agilist (SA).
- None to attend the training
- For the SA certification - experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- Experience in Scrum
In this two-day course, you will gain the knowledge necessary to lead an enterprise agile transformation by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework, with its underlying principles of lean thinking, and product development flow.
You will leave with an understanding of how the principles and practices of the framework support Lean Thinking, Agile Development, SAFe ScrumXP, Agile Release Train, Agile Portfolio Management, Agile Architecture, and Scaling Leadership.
The course consists of eight modules:
- Intro to SAFe - Introduction to the Scaled Agile Framework™.
- Lean Thinking - An overview of Lean Software Development and Product Development Flow.
- Agile Development - Application of Agile development in the enterprise context. Business Benefits.
- SAFe ScrumXP - An experiential walkthrough of "SAFe ScrumXP”, focusing on scalable technical, project management and economic prioritization practices that enable scaling to the program and portfolio level.
- Agile Release Train - Identification, implementation and execution of Agile Release Trains — long-lived programs whereby teams-of-agile-teams optimize quality and velocity delivery for the enterprises larger value streams.
- Agile Portfolio Management - Agile transformational patterns for Strategy and Investment Funding, Program Management, and Governance.
- Agile Architecture - Principles of Agile Architecture, role of System and Enterprise Architects, and Architecting with Flow.
- Scaling Leadership - Scaling Enterprise Lean|Agile leadership.
Course objectiveBy the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Apply lean, agile and product development flow principles to improve productivity, employee engagement, time to market, and quality.
- Apply the Scaled Agile Framework based on lecture, real-world examples, and insights by Scaled Agile experts.
- Understand the skills necessary for an enterprise transformation based on the information and examples presented, and additional recommended readings and resources.
- Gain the insights into the leadership skills most effective in unlocking the intrinsic motivation of software development knowledge workers, and begin applying them in your context.
About the Organizer
Agilest® provides all of the following agile services:
- Roadmap development
- Maturity assessment and advisement
- On-site & remote agile project management
- Enterprise agile transformation
Members of Agilest® hold all of the following certifications:
- ACP Agile Certified Professional – Project Management Institute - PMI
- CSM Certified Scrum Master – Scrum Alliance
- CSP Certified Scrum Professional – Scrum Alliance
- CSPO Certified Scrum Product Owner – Scrum Alliance
- CSP Certified Scrum Professional – submitted – Scrum Alliance
- ITIL v3 Certified Information Technology Service Manager - OGC
- PSM Certified Professional Scrum Master – Scrum.org
- PMP Project Management Professional – PMI
- Project+ Information Technology Manager - CompTIA
- SAFe® Agilist (SA) – Scaled Agile
- PO/PM SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager – Scaled Agile
- SP SAFe® Practitioner – Scaled Agile
- SPC SAFe® Program Consultant - Scaled Agile