The Kanban Management Professional Training Level I (Kanban System Design) will help you grasp all the fundamentals of the Kanban method and help you implement its processes and concepts for project success.
This class fulfills the Foundation I requirement through Lean Kanban University (LKU) and provides eligibility to take Foundation II courses. (Completion of a Foundation II level class, such as KMP II: Kanban Management Professional, will result in the designation Certified Kanban Management Professional, a recognized industry accreditation offered by LKU.)
Duration: 2 days
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for attending this course
Registration Fee: $1,497
Certificate of Completion, KMP I class
Completion of this class is the fist step of getting the credential of Kanban Management Professional.
Software development and project managers, executives, existing Product Owners and ScrumMasters, line managers, Development/QA Team members, team leaders, technical leaders, engineers, and other individual contributors (Business Analysts, or Subject-Matter experts) will find this course useful. This is a Foundation Level training designed for professionals, who are in charge of process optimization, business performance or project management or anyone with interest in organization performance improvements.
The Kanban Systems Design course is a 2 day overview and application of the Kanban method, and an approach to introducing the method into your organization. It includes evidence-based information about the efficacy and effectiveness of Kanban, and how it can be introduced into your existing organization. The flow of course involves many group exercises, discussions, and highly interactive game play.
- Systems Thinking
- Work Item Types
- Classes of Service
- Establishing Policies behind the work to assist your teams delivery
- Kanban system mechanics and indicators
- Commitment Point(s)
- Lead Time
- Capability vs Deliverability: Cumulative-Flow Diagrams
- Introduction to the STATIK method
- Evidence-based case study behind The Kanban Methods design
- Genesis of Kanban case study
- Understanding the context to understand the need for change
- How “Demand Analysis” assists shaping the change
- Visualizing the workflow that exists
- Discovery of, and decomposing the design behind Classes of Service
- Cadences: Delivering and Replenishing to sustain and nourish the flow of work
- Establishing a Kanban system visualization you can use immediately
- Gain a well-founded understanding of the Kanban method, and its practices and guiding principles
- Learn about a systems thinking approach to designing and introducing one or more Kanban system in your specific organization’s environment (Start with what you know!)
- Learn how to improve services delivery to a customer-focused and needs-sensitive one, so as to make a difference in your business
- Gain an understanding of Pull-based workflow, and how limited Work In Progress (WIP) can actually increase the efficiency in your team’s delivery of services to your customers
There are no prerequisites for attending this course.
Continuing education credits
This class provides 16 hours of continuous education hours in the Agile training category.