In this SAFe Scrum Master Certification course, you will learn how to be a Scrum Master with a perspective of the full delivery value stream at the enterprise level. Older traditional style Scrum Master certification classes teach single team Scrum. This modern update prepares Scrum Masters with the knowledge that they need to go beyond just the team making this an ideal primer for aspiring managers.
Understanding the value delivery stream is an important and previously overlooked aspect that is needed for Scrum Masters to be effective in their role. In addition to teaching about Scrum with an enterprise perspective, this Scrum Master Certification training class teaches the participants about scaling agile so that they are prepared to successfully execute the large-scale planning they will need to be ready for at corporations.
Certification & Exam
- Exam name – SAFe 4 Practitioner Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe 4 Scrum Master course
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions – 45
- Passing score – 33 out of 45 (73% passing score)
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Download SAFe Scrum Master Exam Sample Test Questions
The participants will learn how to
- Facilitate scrum at the team and organizational levels
- Build high performing Agile Scrum teams
- Become an effective servant leader, and coach
- Maximize business value utilizing SAFe
- Increase your value to the organization by delivering value
Ultimately the goal of this Scrum Master Certification training class is to prepare the participants with the knowledge they need to succeed in a corporate environment.
This Scrum Master Certification class is for new Scrum Masters and other professionals that need to understand how to use SAFe, Agile, and scaling methods. Scrum Masters, Program Managers, Team Leads, Release Train Engineers are all encouraged to attend this certification training.
Every participant will receive
- Breakfast: Coffee, Bagels, Pastry for breakfast
- Lunch: Sandwich, chips, cookie or Pizza & Dessert
- Afternoon Refreshments: Fruit, Chips, Bottled Water, and Soda
- Printed training materials
- PDF of the training materials
- The Scrum Master Certification test for SAFe 4.0 Scrum Master (SSM)
- Scrum Master Certification when they pass the test
What will I get from this class?
The aspiration of this training is to help attendees gain the knowledge they need to be an effective Scrum Master by leveraging SAFe methods regardless of their level of SAFe adoption.
To that end, participants should be able to:
- Understand how Agile Scrum fits in the Enterprise that uses SAFe
- Help and lead planning for the product development iteration planning
- Provide coaching useful to Scaled Scrum develop teams
- Understand the role of the Servant Leader
- Facilitate and support PI delivery
There are no prerequisites for the SAFe Scrum Master Certification class, and everyone who needs knowledge about how to run development with SAFe Scaled Agile is encouraged to join this class.
Coverage of SAFe fundamentals will include
- Iteration planning
- Backlog refinement
- Team demos
- System demos
- The retrospective at the end of an iteration
- Progress tracking during the development iteration
- How to create alignment between teams
- Improve collaboration
- Run workshops to create improvements
- Conflict Management
The training content also includes
- Learning about Scrum in the enterprise
- The most important aspects of Scrum
- Details about what makes a good Scrum Master
- Go through the process of an iteration
- Understand what characteristics are beneficial to a Scrum Master
- Scrum Master roles and responsibilities
You will get the SAFe Certification test with this class. Everyone will also get the SAFe SSM Certified Scrum Master Certification after attending this class and passing the test.
Continuing education credits
This course qualifies for 16 Category C PDUs from PMI for the ACP and PMP certifications.
Q - Can this class be taken online?
A - No, Scaled Agile Academy only awards certifications for Training delivered in live classroom settings.
Q - Can the test be retaken if I don't pass?
A - Yes, Scaled Agile Academy charges $50 for retakes. But, most of our students pass on the first attempt.