5Being a Certified Kanban Management Professional is a reflection of your ability to implement and successfully manage outcomes of the ‘alternate path to Agile’. As a Kanban Management Professional you will be expected to contribute to problem solving, manage flow, promote collaboration and experimentation and reduce bottlenecks to help improve business agility and deliver superior quality end products. Considering that Kanban’s popularity as an effective project management methodology is growing, these skills will help you succeed professionally and personally and ensure project success.
Duration: 4 days
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for attending this course
The ideal participants of this class are those seeking to gain a deeper understanding of the benefits of applying Kanban to their existing workflows. This course serves those who take responsibility for establishing, managing and/or improving delivery of products and services to customers of professional service businesses.
- Review and explore the motivations for the Kanban method
- Examine and recognize emotional objections to WIP limit introduction
- Assess and interpret the Kanban value system, commitment and replenishment
- Investigate Kanban at scale, understanding the organization as a network of services
- Introducing an enterprise-level Kanban case study
- Identify an evolutionary approach to change management
- Investigate Fitness for purpose, KPIs, and metrics
- Implement organizational feedback loops with Kanban cadences
- Further analyze an enterprise-level Kanban case study
- Practice Kanban as a robust blueprint for real-world change management scenarios
- Compile Kanban strategies to sustain and scale evolutionary improvements in your organization
- Learn practical approaches to apply Kanban to projects in your organization
- Incorporate known empirical methods to gain traction with viable improvements
- Enabled by Kanban cadences, apply a tactical approach to organizational feedback loops in common areas, including:
- Operations Review
- Service Delivery Review
- Risk Review
- Gain hands-on learning with an enterprise-level Kanban case study
There are no prerequisites for attending this course.
Continuing education credits
This class provides 16 hours of continuous education hours in the Agile training category.