PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®
The PMI-ACP (Agile Certified Practitioner)® certification is among the most highly respected certifications available in the Agile community. The PMI-ACP® training is highly beneficial for scrum masters, product owners, program managers, and the overall leaders of agile programs.
Going with the rising belief that organizational leadership should be the most knowledgeable about organizational agile transformation at companies that are restructuring; CIOs, CEOs, and company presidents will all benefit from participating in this comprehensive agile training designed to maximize their effectiveness at their company.
The PMI-ACP (Agile Certified Practitioner)® from the Project Management Institute, is to the Agile community what the PMP is to the general project management community. The PMI-ACP® course is much more comprehensive than the popular scrum master or product owner courses offered by most training companies. The difference is that within the PMI-ACP® training curriculum, scrum master and product owner are only two among the many focus areas contained in the training. This training addresses the whole agile landscape, including topic areas that are often overlooked in most agile curriculum including program management.
Unlike beginner level training available in classes like CSM or CSPO, this is intermediate level training, and while it is open to all participants, the certification test has prerequisites.
The PMI-ACP® spans many approaches to agile such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean, Extreme Programming (XP) and test-driven development (TDD.) As a result it will increase your versatility, whatever road your projects may take you.
Company leadership, program managers, scrum masters, product owners, testing professionals, organizational compliance professionals, and everyone else who is responsible for maximizing the business value of the deliverables from the IT development organization.
This course is a requirement for those seeking certification as a PMI Agile Certified Professional (PMI-ACP®).
In this two-day live training course, supplemented by additional on-demand, online training, and supplements, you will be provided the knowledge necessary to understand the broad IT landscape in a large enterprise Agile development shop. The total course duration length is 24 hours.
The PMI-ACP® certification training consists of 19 modules:
- Introduction to the PMI-ACP® – What is the PMI-ACP® and who is the organization that supports it.
- Agile Thinking – An overview of Agile software development and the ideas, methods and frameworks that combined make up the structure we call Agile.
- Agile Development - Why Agile and how Agile changes the enterprise IT development center.
- Overview of the PMI-ACP® – What are all of the parts and how do they interrelate.
- Agile program management
- Agile project initiation – How the Agile project gets started in the Agile enterprise.
- Determining what Agile method to use
- Agile Budgeting
- Agile estimation
- Running the Agile project
- Release planning
- Sprint planning
- Agile Communications
- Agile progress reporting
- Agile testing
- Demonstrating the deliverables
- Using the inspect and adapt process for continuous improvement
- Closing the Agile project
- Preparing for the test
By the end of this PMI-ACP® certification training course, the attendees will be given the information they need to be able to:
- Apply Agile principles to improve productivity, employee engagement, time to market, and quality.
- Apply the Agile principles based on lectures, real-world examples, classroom exercises, and insights by Agile experts.
- Gain the insights into the skills most useful in unlocking the intrinsic motivation of software development knowledge workers, and begin applying them in your setting.
There are no prerequisites for attending this course, but we recommend that you have had some level of basic training such as the CSM. But for those who have not attended CSM training, we also support our CAM (Comprehensive Agile Manager) training for providing a strong Agile foundation. The online CAM (Comprehensive Agile Manager) certification training from Agilest® is provided for free to all of the registrants of this training program.
The prerequisites for attending the PMI-ACP® exam are:
- 2,000 hours of general project experience.
- 1,500 hours of Agile experience. This requirement is in addition to the 2,000 hours of general project experience.
- 21 hours of training in agile practices (this training course provides 24 hours of training)
Need private training at a specific location?View our full training calendar or contact us to schedule private training with our Agile bread project management professionals.
PMI®, PMI-ACP® are trade marks of Project Management Institute, Inc
The PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP®) logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.