The Adaptive Agile™ Scrum Master Certification Training (AASM™) class is the first step in the Agile learning journey. We take a pragmatic approach to learning agile because we have found from trial and error, students learn best when the agile mindset is reinforced by doing. Following this approach, our classes are uniquely designed with a lecture followed by a practice exercise The learning format is designed so the class participant can go back to work with an understanding of agile and the confidence to be immediately productive.
Certification & Exam
Agilest® Adaptive Agile Scrum Master (AASM™) Certification
The exam can be taken after completion of 16 hours of classroom training.
This class will prepare you for taking the PSM certification test.
Scrum masters, Managers, and everyone else who is responsible for leading development teams at their IT development organization.
This course is a requirement for those seeking certification as a certified AASM™ (Adaptive Agile™ Scrum Master).
ABOUT AGILEST® AASM™
Agilest® AASM™ - Certified (Adaptive Agile™ Scrum Master) certification training. The AASM™ - certification training from Agilest® is a comprehensive Agile overview of the agile techniques that are critical success factors for Scrum Masters, managers and anyone else who leads development teams at organizations engaged in Agile practices. The core focus is on enabling those who are leading Agile development practices with the primary skills they will need for not only their daily activities, but also their management and leadership duties.
The AASM™ - certification training also covers Kanban, Scrum, and Scrumban in a way that is simple enough for the Agile novice to understand, but with enough depth to give the participant the confidence to use the practices in their workplace once they have completed the sessions. The training also covers the components of development that are a part of any development process at large organizations. The emphasis is on how they work when using Agile.
AGILEST® AASM™ Training Description
In this two-day live training course you will be provided the knowledge necessary to understand the broad IT landscape in a large enterprise Agile development shop. The total course duration length is 16 hours.
The AASM™ (Adaptive Agile™ Scrum Master) certification training consists of 19 modules:
- Introduction to the AASM™ (Certified Agile Team Lead Scrum Master) – What is AASM™ - and who is the organization that supports it
- Agile Thinking – An overview of Agile software development and the ideas, methods and frameworks, that altogether, are the structure we call Agile
- Agile Development - Why Agile and how Agile changes the enterprise IT development center.
- Overview of the AASM™ (Adaptive Agile™ Scrum Master) – What are all of the parts and how do they interrelate
- Agile program management
- Agile project initiation – How the Agile project gets started in the Agile enterprise
- Determining what Agile method to use
- Agile Budgeting
- Agile estimation
- Running the Agile project
- Release planning
- Sprint planning
- Agile Communications
- Agile progress reporting
- Agile testing
- Demonstrating the deliverables
- Using the inspect and adapt process for continuous improvement
- Closing the Agile project
- Preparing for the test
By the end of this AASM™ Adaptive Agile™ Scrum Master certification training course, the attendees will be given the information they need to be able to:
- Apply Agile principles to improve productivity, employee engagement, time to market, and quality.
- Apply the Agile principles based on lecture, real-world examples, classroom exercises, and insights by Agile experts.
- Gain the insights into the skills most useful in unlocking the intrinsic motivation of software development knowledge workers, and begin applying them in your context.
There are no prerequisites for attending this course. It is intended to provide a strong Agile foundation.
The prerequisite for attending the exam is:
- 21 hours of training in agile practices.
- The exam can be taken after completion of this course as it provides 16 hours of training.
Continuing education credits
This class provides 16 hours of continuous education hours in the Agile training category.