The AAPO™ (Adaptive-Agile™ Product Owner™) training from Agilest® is comprehensive training designed to give Product Owners, Product Managers, and Product Directors the skills and knowledge that they need to lead successfully in their role responsibilities in the Agile product development process.
Certification & Exam
Agilest® Adaptive Agile Product Owner (AAPO™) Certification
The prerequisite for attending the AAPO exam is: 16 hours of training provided in this training program.
The exam can be taken after completion of 16 hours of classroom training.
About Agilest® AAPO
The AAPO certification training from Agilest® is a comprehensive Agile overview of the agile techniques that are critical success factors for Product Owners, Product Managers, & Product Directors at organizations that are engaged in Agile practices. The core focus is on enabling those who are leading Agile development practices with the primary skills that they will need for not only their daily activities but also their management and leadership duties.
The AAPO certification training also covers the core Product Management competencies in an Agile way. Kanban, Scrum, and Scrumban are all involved in a manner that is simple enough for the Agile novice to understand, but with enough depth to give the participant the confidence to use the practices in their workplace after they have completed the sessions. The training also covers the components of the development process in a large enterprise with an emphasis on how they work when using Agile.
What sets apart the Agilest® certification training is the focus on exercises that both reinforce the topic information, and in addition create confidence in the participant to be able to perform the activities once back at their organization. A significant portion of the classroom time will be focused on workshop activities to develop critical Agile product management skills including developing the Agile Vision, the product roadmap, writing user stories, backlog development and grooming, and prototyping.
The training and exercises in the certification program include:
- Product Owner overview
- Role & Responsibilities
- Developing the Product Vision
- Creating the Product Roadmap
- Developing Agile requirements: Epics, Features, User Stories
- Developing the Product Backlog & Grooming
- Leading the sprint planning meetings
- Working with stakeholders
- Developing the prototype
- Driving continuous improvement
- Maximizing the delivery of value to the organization
- Collaborating with & continuously exploring customer needs
- Definition of done and acceptance criteria
- Mapping requirements
- Developing future state and delivery roadmaps
- Team interactions
- Using Kanban and Design Thinking to continuously deliver value
The entire training program is designed to address the realities of the organization and what is needed to be successful in real world development.
Product Owners, Product Managers, Product Directors, and everyone else who is responsible for leading Product development at the professional organization.
This course is a requirement for those seeking certification as a certified AAPO (Adaptive Agile Product Owner).
By the end of this AAPO certification training course, the attendees will be given the information that they need to be able to:
- Apply Agile principles to improve productivity, employee engagement, time to market, and quality.
- Apply the Agile principles based on lecture, real-world examples, classroom exercises, and insights by Agile experts.
- Gain the insights into the skills most effective in leading Product Development and maximizing the value of the work delivered to the professional enterprise.