Agilest® Certified Agile Product Director (CAPD)
The CAPD (Certified Agile Product Director) certification training from Agilest® is designed to give Product Owners, Product Managers, and Product Directors the skills and knowledge that they need to lead successfully in their role responsibilities in the Agile product development process.
About Agilest® CAPD
The CAPD certification training from Agilest® is a comprehensive Agile overview of the agile techniques that are critical success factors for Product Owners, Product Managers, & Product Directors at organizations that are engaged in Agile practices. The core focus is on enabling those who are leading Agile development practices with the primary skills that they will need for not only their daily activities but also their management and leadership duties.
The CAPD certification training also covers the core Product Management competencies in an Agile way. Kanban, Scrum, and Scrumban are all involved in a manner that is simple enough for the Agile novice to understand, but with enough depth to give the participant the confidence to use the practices in their workplace after they have completed the sessions. The training also covers the components of the development process in a large enterprise with an emphasis on how they work when using Agile.
What sets apart the Agilest® certification training is the focus on exercises that both reinforce the topic information, and in addition create confidence in the participant to be able to perform the activities once back at their organization. A significant portion of the classroom time will be focused on workshop activities to develop critical Agile product management skills including developing the Agile Vision, the product roadmap, writing user stories, backlog development and grooming, and prototyping.
The final key components are the tools and training provided to the participants who attend this training. Private member access to the Agilest® website is also included which contains resources relevant to their particular training area and serves as an aid in the execution of duties at the workplace.
The online private access resources include:
- Additional training
- Reinforcing training
- Planning tools
- Documentation templates
- Private forum
Our goal is the success of our participants. We have made an effort to include documents and additional training for the product manager. We are continuously updating, and adding to the content that we make available. Of important note, we are a company that does what it teaches, and we provide our students what we ourselves use when delivering at clients. We make everything that we have proven empirically to be effective, available to our certification training participants.
The training and exercises in the certification program include:
- Developing the Product Vision
- Creating the Product Roadmap
- Writing Epics, Features, and User Stories
- Developing the Product Backlog & Grooming
- Leading the sprint planning meetings
- Working with stakeholders
- Developing the prototype
- Driving continuous improvement
The entire training program is designed to address the realities of the organization and what is needed to be successful in real world development.
Product Owners, Product Managers, Product Directors, and everyone else who is responsible for leading Product development at the professional organization.
This course is a requirement for those seeking certification as a certified CAPD (Comprehensive Agile Product Director).
In this two-day live training course, supplemented by additional on-demand, online training, and supplements, you will be provided the knowledge necessary to understand the broad landscape in a large enterprise Agile development shop. The total course duration length is 24 hours.
The CAPD (Comprehensive Agile Product Director) certification training consists of 16 modules:
- Introduction to the CAPD (Comprehensive Agile Product Director) – What is the CAPD and who is the organization that supports it.
- Agile Thinking – An overview of Agile product development and the ideas, methods and frameworks, that altogether, make up the structure we call Agile.
- Overview of the CAPD (Comprehensive Agile Product Director) – What are all of the parts and how do they interrelate.
- Developing the Product Vision
- Developing the Prototype
- Getting user feedback to test assumptions
- Pivoting the development to find & maximize value
- Agile Budgeting
- Agile estimation
- Release planning
- Sprint planning
- Agile Communications
- Agile Progress Reporting
- Demonstrating the deliverables
- Using the inspect and adapt process for continuous improvement
- Preparing for the test
By the end of this CAPD (Comprehensive Agile Product Director) certification training course, the attendees will be given the information that they need to be able to:
- Apply Agile principles to improve productivity, employee engagement, time to market, and quality.
- Apply the Agile principles based on lecture, real-world examples, classroom exercises, and insights by Agile experts.
- Gain the insights into the skills most effective in leading Product Development and maximizing the value of the work delivered to the professional enterprise.
There are no prerequisites for attending this course. It is intended to provide a strong Agile foundation for Agile Product Management.
The prerequisite for attending the exam is:
- 21 hours of training in agile practices.
- Since this training course provides 24 hours of training, the exam can be taken upon completion.